APPLICATION DEADLINE—January 27 (11:59 PM EST)
RESIDENCY DATES—June 13 - July 9, 2019
The Art Omi: Artists Croatian Fellowship guarantees an opportunity for an artist from Croatia a place in the 2019 Art Omi: Artists international residency cohort.
Art Omi: Artists invites 30 artists from around the world, representing a wide diversity of artistic styles and practices, to gather in rural New York for four weeks each summer to experiment, collaborate and share ideas. Concentrated time for creative work is balanced with the stimulation of cultural exchange and critical appraisal.
The Art Omi: Artists program nurtures deep creative and professional connections in a vibrant, social residency. Artists are provided with a private studio, shared living quarters, and meals at no cost, but are responsible for their travel and material expenses. Each session, a distinguished critic/curator is invited to participate as Critic-in-Residence, who leads discussions and makes individual studio visits. The Critic-in-Residence is on campus for the entire duration of the program. In addition, a former Critic in Residence is invited to be Critic Emeritus for the first week of residency.
General Art Omi: Artists eligibility guidelines:
- Artists currently enrolled in either a BFA or MFA are not eligble to apply. However, PhD students or from professional artists with at least 3 years of professional experience, currently enrolled in a master degree other than in the arts are eligible.
- Art Omi happily accepts applications from self-taught professional artists. Having received a degree or certification, or having formally studied art are not requirements for Art Omi: Artists in residence.
- Applications must be submitted in the English language. Please make sure all application materials including your resume and CV are in English.
- If you work on a team, please fill only one application. Only one person will be the contact person for the TEAM application. Please make sure to mark on the resume ALL of the names of the artists being part of the group.
- Art Omi Alumni are note eligble for a return residency. In order to give as many artists as possible the chance for a residency at Art Omi, we ask that alumni do not apply for a return residency. We appreciate your spreading the word to artists who have not been to Art Omi yet.
- You will be required to provide proof of Croatian residency to be eligible for this fellowship.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we ask that you be certain that your application is complete and in adherence with all guidelines. Incomplete applications will not be processed, and unfortunately we are unable to notify applicants about the status of their application until after the selection has been made. Good luck with your application!